According to PetMD, cats can sleep between 15-20 in a 24 hour period … (are you jealous?) What do they do in their ‘awake’ time? To make sure your kitty isn’t bored during the day while you’re at work, try these simple things … just in case they wake up!
- put a puzzle feeder around the house somewhere with their favorite cat treat inside
- place a cat perch in a window (hang a bird feeder or two where your kitty can watch for extra entertainment!
- leave open paper bags out and about
- some interesting and safe toys around the house will curb boredom
- add a cat tree to your living room with lots of different levels and toys
In all cases – don’t be surprised if you come home to your kitty sleeping in the paper bag, on the cat tree, or the window perch.